Sunday, July 08, 2007

Viral Community News

First apologies for being out of pocket for the past few days, I decided to take a few days off. Thanks for the emails, and I promise to give everyone a heads-up the next time I go AWOL ;)

With that out of the way....on with the show!

1 - Drew has given us a special sneak-peek at the cover of The Age of Conversation! As you might have guessed, the visual wizard David Armano designed the cover, and the book will go on sale next Monday in eBook, paperback, and hardcover editions.

2 - Jennifer has a good article addressing the point of view of many companies that are hesitant to embrace social media.

"Well, in the words of one attendee "What if they say something bad about us?" What was my response? "They're going to say something bad about you anyway. By entering the social media realm, at least you have a chance to respond."

3 - G has launched a blog for Dune Restaurant. I think in this case, a blog holds enormous potential for growing Dune's business, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

4 - Jaffe has his latest episode of Across the Sound up with CK. I can't comment on the show itself, since I just started downloading, and won't finish until some time before Labor Day.

5 - Countering the massive Facebook hype (which has replaced the Twitter hype, which replaced the YouTube hype, which replaced the MySpace hype, which replaced...) Valeria asks if we are spreading ourselves too thin by trying to maintain a presence in too many networks/sites. Also, Asi posts that he tried Facebook, but he's saying goodbye. I may have to add my own 2 cents to this topic later this week.

6 - Karl did a great job in creating this video where he interviewed people waiting in line for the iPhone. And the video itself was created with a Nokia N95.



Tags:,

Email Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mack:

The social networking conversation picked up such steam that I had ideas for related posts on mobile phones and ranking tools ;-)

That book cover DA designed makes me want it now!

Mack Collier said...

Good stuff Valeria. I had been batting around the same issues recently, I just think that the blogosphere is so giddy to find 'the next big thing' that we are probably overhyping the hell out of some of these sites/services. I think Facebook has around 25 million members, and I think that's about how many posts Scoble has left on the service in the past couple of weeks.

And yes, love DA's cover, gotta get that baby in hardcover!