There were a few key points that I took from the latest update:
- The number of blogs that Technorati tracks just continues to grow, and is closing in on 75 million.
- Technorati is now tracking 120,000 new blogs being created every day. At that rate, the service should track its 100 millionth blog before the end of the year.
- The use of tags for posts is really taking off, with now over a third of all blog posts having tags. I think this is a natural sign of a medium that's maturing and its users are becoming more familiar with the space and how to better organize information here.
- The volume of daily posts appears to be leveling off, but there are still around 1.5 million new posts being created every day.
- Blogs continue to gain mainstream acceptance. In October of last year, 12 of the Top 100 sites were blogs. By the end of the year, that number was already up to 22, with Engadget and Boing Boing leading the charge. IMO, Tech Crunch will eventually settle in as the most popular blog.
Very interesting reading, as always. Check out the current report here.
The Viral Garden, Marketing, Technorati, Blogging