Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New posts up everywhere

I think this is a first for me, today I have new posts up at three blogs. Over at DF, I have a post up about the great job in promoting Masi Bicycles that Tim Jackson does at his MasiGuy blog.

A couple of great quotes in the comments, first this one from Tim:
Engaging people in a conversation is what it's all about; if YOU aren't having that conversation with your customers or potential ones, you can bet your entire marketing budget that somebody else IS... and it might just be me.


Then Cam adds his thoughts on why Tim's blog helps Masi:
Masi borrows Tim's credibility to get inserted into the conversation.


Great stuff and I hope companies will pay close attention to Tim's blog, because I think 2-3 years from now, such successful blogging efforts will be fairly common. Or at least I hope they will. At any rate, Tim is WAY ahead of the game here.

And finally, I also have a new post up at Search Engine Guide today. There I look at some examples of companies and small businesses that have seen real business growth that they attribute to blogging and engaging bloggers. Like Masi seeing sales double since Tim has started blogging at MasiGuy. Gourmet Station seeing 30% sales growth in 2006, and then 40% last year, which it mainly attributes to blogging. Then there's Stormhoek, the winery that sold 40,000 cases of wine a year before it embraced the blogosphere. As of last March, the company claimed to be selling 40,000 cases a WEEK.

This blogging thingie has business legs, it seems.

Tags:,

Does your blog need a checkup? Click Here to get yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mack-
now that is a productive day.

...you called blogs "thingies" ;)

lisa

Anonymous said...

These are very impressive, but any B2B case studies? There has to be one, right?

Mack Collier said...

Lisa that was just for you ;) As for B2B examples, check out CK's blog, especially her recent post about America's Power.

Tim Jackson said...

Mack, you're making me feel like a complete rock star today. Here's my first ever; I'm mentioned in three different posts by you in one day! That has to be a record... right?

Sincerely, again, thank you for such high praise. My blogging stems from what I like to call "common sense"- I had no marketing budget and a desperate need to get the word out that the brand was coming back from the dead. The blog seemed the best way to reach the most people and start attaching people to the brand. So far, it seems to be working. (And we're off to a great year this year too.)