Friday, January 11, 2008

The Best Damn SXSW Panel is ON!

The hand-wringing is over, and the smoke has cleared. We've received word that SXSW has officially approved 'The Future of Corporate Blogging' Panel that Dell suggested months ago.

So who is going to be on the panel?

The 4-person panel will feature myself, along with....

Dell's Chief Blogger Lionel Menchaca
LinkedIn's Community Evangelist Mario Sundar
PR diva extraordinaire, Kami Huyse

If I weren't on this panel, I would have paid money to see it. Lionel and Mario are the driving forces behind two of the very best corporate blogs on the internet, Direct2Dell, and LinkedIn's Blog. Both 'get it' when it comes to building and growing a blog's readership and community. And Kami, besides being one of the most popular PR bloggers on the internet, has been one of the leaders of the movement to develop measurement tools to let companies gauge the effectiveness of their blogging, and social media efforts. This is one of the biggest reasons why many companies aren't blogging now, because they aren't sure how to tell if their efforts are working.

I'll be moderating the panel, which basically means my job is to stay out of the way and let the smart people talk. We've been told that the panel will run on either March the 10th or the 11th. I'll post updates as soon as we find out for sure.

BTW Texas Bloggers, who will be in Austin? I've already heard from Cam, Paul, Ben and Jackie, and I believe Connie said she would be at SXSW as well. Anyone else attending?

Tags:, ,

Email Me

15 comments:

Shama Hyder said...

Hi Mack,

This Texas blogger will be there!

-Shama

Mack Collier said...

Looking forward to meeting you, Shama!

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah, Mack!

I'll get to see you twice in about a month!

Drew McLellan said...

Mack,

Congrats on your panel being chosen!! You guys will rock. How will those of us who can't be there be able to tap into all that wisdom?

Drew

Mack Collier said...

Drew I believe that last year, SXSW recorded and published all the panels as podcasts. So I would assume they would do the same thing this year. I also believe that they had video for some of the speakers/panels. If I hear any firm details, I'll of course post them here.

Course maybe Paul will be live-tweeting ;)

Anonymous said...

Mack-
Congrats on helping make this happen. how cool.

I'll see if I can convince the powers that be to let me escape. I'll be killing for some warmth by then anyway. :)
if not, i'll have to tune in the same way Drew does. :)

Lisa

Kami Huyse said...

I am really looking forward to serving on this panel. It should be very interesting indeed.

Mack Collier said...

Lisa let me know if you're going to be there and we'll try to get together. Kami I'm honored to be on the panel with you and Lionel and Mario. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, pal. This is just wonderful news...and attendees will be the better for it. You'll love Austin and getting to meet everyone. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Mack, so glad to hear you'll be here for SXSW. Can't wait to welcome you to Austin! Great panel lineup - I'll be a designated tweeter.

anonymous said...

Sounds awesome, Mack! Can't be there for it, but I'll stay glued to this.

Aruni said...

Hi Mack - I plan to make it. I guess next thing I need to do is figure out how to get tickets. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a great panel, Mack ... I'll be in the audience for this one. I will also be at SXSW and hosting a core conversation which will be pretty interesting too. It is called "10 Easy Ways to Piss Off A Blogger" and I'm working on some ideas for collecting stories of bad pitches right now. It should be different sort of session to a normal panel, and I'm looking forward to doing something in this sort of format. I'll keep you posted on it and looking forward to connecting at the show!

Mack Collier said...

Rohit I saw your panel and am going to try to make yours as well! Should be interesting and will hopefully resonate with those in the PR industry at least.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I missed this -- but wanted to chime in, a little late to the party! CONGRATS, bro!