Monday, December 03, 2007

Have you gotten a pitch like this?

Last week I got an email pitch from Kimberly Palmer about a blog post she had written:
I recently found your blog after looking for other blogs that cover marketing, especially marketing to women. (I often write on that topic for my blog, Alpha Consumer, www.usnews.com/alpha). I thought perhaps your blog readers would be interested in this post on how companies are trying to get customers (especially their female ones) to share their stories more. I hope we can be in touch in the future!


Now obviously, this was just an email 'blast', and doesn't refer to me or any of the bloggers by name (a BIG no-no). But I wanted to mention this pitch because Kimberly's blog is on the US News and World Report website. This is the first time I can remember a blogger from a MSM site (that I hadn't previously spoken with) emailing me asking me to check out their blog post. I emailed Kimberly and she told me that this wasn't something that she was 'asked' to do, just that she occasionally scans the blogosphere to find relevant blogs that she thinks might be interested in her blog posts.

If you're interested, here is Kimberly's post.

What I am interested in knowing is, have any of you been blindly pitched by a MSM site? While the pitch itself needs work, I applaud Kimberly for taking the time and making the effort to reach out to bloggers. Hopefully it's the start of a trend among MSM sites.

Tags:,

Email Me

No comments: