Sunday, February 01, 2009

Contact Me

If you're wanting to get in touch with me, here's the best way to proceed based on how I can help you(If you are looking for my current rate sheet for my social media consulting/speaking/training services, click here):

Social media consulting/Blog consulting: If your company/small business/organization has an interest in learning more about how I can help you with your blogging/social media efforts, please email me. If you have a project that you would like to launch in 2009, please contact me and we can discuss your needs and my availability. You can learn more about my consulting services here.


Social media/Blogging training and workshops: One of my passions is helping teach companies and organizations how to use social media tools to better connect with, and understand their customers. As such, I place a priority on making myself available to conduct social media training and workshops. If you are interested in having me conduct a half or full-day social media workshop/training seminar on location, please email me to get a custom price quote. Note that my fee is in addition to your covering all associated travel costs (airline, cab, hotel, food). Please contact me at least a month in advance of your desired date. You can get more information on this service here.


Speaking: If you are interested in having me speak on social media at your conference or private event, please email me. My availability to speak at conferences in the first half of 2009 is extremely limited, as I have already committed to being involved in several events. But if you are interested in having me speak at your conference, please contact me to find out if I am available.

If you are interested in having me speak at your private event, please email me. As with training/workshops, I place a priority on making myself available to speak at your company/organization’s private event, so feel free to contact me to learn more about my availability in the first half of 2009, as well as my fee. My fee is in addition to your covering all associated travel expenses (airline, cab, hotel, food).

Click here to get more information on my speaking schedule, and services I provide.


Interviews/Quotes for your site/blog/publication: If you would like to interview me or get a quote for your article/site/blog, please email me your questions, as I would be honored to help. And thanks for asking!


Pitches: If you have a topic you'd like for me to blog about on The Viral Garden, please keep these guidelines in mind:

  • Will your idea be relevant to my readers? I enjoy posting about how companies/small businesses/organizations are using social media to better reach their customers. I also enjoy posting about new social media sites/tools that I think my readers can find value in. That's my ultimate filter, I won't write about your idea because I want to promote you, I will write about it IF I think it will be something that my readers can find value in. So in order to be featured here, you have to sell me on why your pitch will be valuable and relevant to my readers. Their time is more valuable to me than yours is.
  • Please read my blog before you send me your pitch. Reference why you think your pitch will be interesting to my readers based on what I have posted about before.
  • Please refer to me by my correct name. Seriously.
If you have read my blog and think your pitch is relevant to my readers, please email me.


Book Reviews: Although I have in the past, I rarely do book reviews anymore on The Viral Garden. If you would like for me to review your book, you can email me for information about sending it to me. Please note that even if you send me your book, I may not review it. And if I do accept your book, you must agree to send me at least two copies of the book. If I like the book and find it valuable, I *might* review it on The Viral Garden. I will want to give the second copy away to one of my readers, and will either do that on the blog, or in private.


A general social media question or comment on post I have written: Please do NOT hesitate to email me if you have a general question you want to ask about social media. Wondering how your company gets started blogging? Interested in learning how you get more followers on Twitter? Feel free to ask. And if you have some thoughts about a post I wrote here, and aren't comfortable leaving a comment, please email me your thoughts.


You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.